B OR NOT TO B #6 - Under The Gun (1995)


Under The Gun - Underrated Fun

Director: Matthew George

Cast: Richard Norton, Kathy Long, Jane Badler


My love for b-action films only gets stronger every time I watch a film like Under The Gun. The film has been on my radar for many years, ever since I saw its trailer, however, it took me a long time to get hold of the film because it’s pretty hard to watch a film that most people might not have even heard of. 


Richard Norton has been on the scene for many years, and this is perhaps one of his best films that I have seen so far. Not only he is a great martial artist, he exhibited some nice acting skills as well. Norton co-produced the film along with writer-director Matthew George, which also happens to George’s first film as writer, director, and producer.
 
The story was quite interesting that revolves around events taking place during one night. The plot was pretty tight without many boring elements. The action, as I expected, was the major highlight of the film. It had everything from hand-to-hand fights to gunfights and explosions. The film had some humor element as well, so overall it was a great entertaining package.


Richard Norton may not have achieved stardom as an action icon of the 90's, but he sure is one hell of a talented guy. So, if you are an ardent fan of b-action films of the 90’s, then don’t miss out on this Australian action flick, which may not have grabbed half the attention or fan base it deserved.

Note: B or not to B is series of articles based on the B Action movies of the 80’s and 90’s. I am a big fan of these movies because they have a certain flavor not everyone can cherish. Many may cite them as sheer work of misdirected minds, but to me, they are a  source of real inspiration. These movies never had the budget to back them but still, the action and stunts were no less than any big studio. This is my tribute to some of the unsung films of the past.

Soumit 'The Top' Nath

Comments