My Top 5 films of 2015

My Top 5 films of 2015

Although I have seen close to 300 films last year but while doing my countdown I figured out that I haven’t  seen a lot of films released in 2015 and the ones that I have seen were really not that great so I’m going to pick 5 of the best films of 2015. I thought of making it top 10 films but while narrowing down my list I figured 10 would be a bit exaggerated as I felt that few films were good but they didn’t blow my mind.

1) The Revenant (Dir: Alejandro González Iñárritu)
I think almost the entire world will beg to differ from me on this choice as The Revenant is one of the top 10 films of 2015 be it any list by anyone but I have not seen it take the number one spot on any of the list. Mad Max: Fury Road was the best film of 2015 for me until I saw The Revenant recently and it just mesmerized me with it’s visual storytelling. So, sorry folks but it is my number one film of 2015.



2) Mad Max: Fury Road (Dir: George Miller)
I just fell in love with it when I saw it on theatre and like I mentioned was the best movie of 2015 until recently when I saw The Revenant. George Miller just gave me some action orgasm and where most of the reboots failed pathetically this year, Miller creates a masterpiece of his own work.


3) Creed (Dir: Ryan Coogler)
This came out like a Fucking KO. While a lot of people were thinking that it could be yet another  lame attempt to cash on a popular franchise, Creed shocked the entire film fraternity with it’s brilliant content. Simple, perfectly executed , a Rocky that you’ve not seen before and finally a career changing work by lead Michael B. Jordan and rather inexperienced director Ryan Coogler.




4) Inside Out (Dir: Pete Docter, Ronnie Del Carmen)
May not be the best Pixar film but certainly was the best of 2015. I just fell in love with the concept, brilliant animation and awesome voice cast. The story is just too good and to come up with such a theme deserves a praise for the makers. Undoubtedly one of the must watch films of 2015.



5) Talvar (Dir: Meghna Gulzar)
Even I never thought in my wildest dreams that a mainstream Bollywood film would ever make it’s way to my list, no offense to the filmmakers but let’s be honest we make expensive shit all year round but to find a gem in the middle of shit felt really awesome for me. Even I didn’t knew that the film would be so great if we forget the fact that it could incorrect in terms of facts or even could be a hidden propaganda but as a film it was just too good. Based on one of the most shocking double homicide cases of India, the film explores new horizon to question your belief.



Honourable mentions:
I thought to include these films which were really great but somehow did get the “WTF” feel in them. Some of them are pretty underrated as well.

Me Earl And The Dying Girl
Dope
Man Up
Run All Night
Kingsman: The Secret Service
The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
Bone Tomahawk
Piku
Turbo Kid

Note: This list is completely based on films which I have watched so there could be some really good misses but it's only because I haven't seen them.

Comments